Returns & Refunds
You have 30 days from your date of delivery of your Order to return items purchased online subject to meeting the conditions set out in this Returns and Exchanges section.
We will issue a refund of the full face value of undamaged items duly returned (excluding the original delivery or Cash on Delivery charges) to you via your credit card or
through online credits, depending on the method of purchase.
You will receive email confirmation of the return once it has been completed. If you have not received a refund in your account after more than 14 days,
please show the confirmation to your bank so that they can help you and speed up the process.
An online purchase can be returned using one of the following methods:
- Returning the item to select Gap stores within the same country of purchase. In the UAE this currently includes - GAP Dubai Mall, GAP - Mercato Mall,
Gap Dalma Mall, GAP - Mirdiff City center, GAP - Ibn Battuta and GAP - Mall of Emirates
- Contacting us by calling 800 GAP ME (80042763) or through raising a request through our online form to arrange a free collection of the item from your delivery
address in the UAE. However, if the returned item is found to be damaged the original invoice value will not be refunded.
The refund (excluding any delivery charges or Cash on Delivery charges) will be made via the same payment method used to make the purchase, except for orders paid for by Cash on Delivery for which
refunds shall be made by crediting you with online credits and not cash that can be used for future online orders.
Bank Cards purchases (Credit/Debit) will be refunded against the bank card (credit/debit) used for the original purchase. These should be reflected on your credit card within 3-5 working days depending on your card provider.
Online credits shall be reflected immediately on confirmation of refund.
REFUNDS WHERE THE PURCHASE WAS MADE WITH A CARD PAYMENT AND ONLINE CREDIT OR AMBER REWARD POINTS:
Please note that where purchases were made using a card payment and online credit we will first refund any Amber reward points used, then online credits used and then the extent there is any amount
remaining to be refunded we will refund the bank card used for the purchase.
To exchange an item the existing item shall need to be refunded and a new order and purchase will need to be processed for the replacement item.
The terms of the refund set out above shall apply to any refunds made for items that are being exchanged.
GENERAL CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO ALL RETURNS AND EXCHANGES
In order to qualify for an online refund all items (including promotional gift items accompanying the Order) must be returned to us within 30 days of Order receipt:
- unaltered, unused and in full saleable condition (or the condition in which they were received from us or our agents). Shoes must not have any sole or other damage;
- in their original packaging/box/dust-cover and with all brand and product labels/tags/instructions still attached. Authenticity cards, where provided, should also be returned. Swimwear and underwear must have the original hygiene liner attached; and
- accompanied by the original Order confirmation.
- Please take care to preserve the condition of any product packaging as, for example, damaged shoe boxes or unpacked packaged underwear may prevent re-sale and may mean that we cannot give
you a full refund. Our agents may ask to inspect returned items at the point of collection but that initial inspection does not constitute a guarantee of your eligibility for a full refund.
- We regret but we cannot offer returns on the following categories of products: products sold in Gap Outlet Stores, products sold in Gap stores outside the United Arab Emirates, products not
purchased via the Website, products sold on other Al Tayer Group websites. Gift items can be requested for return via calling the call center, only if a gift receipt is given.
- Any Amber points accrued on a returned purchase will be debited from your Amber account. Points will accrue on replacement items where applicable. Please note that for systems reasons,
in order to receive an online credit, guest check out customers will need to create a Website Account and register their details with us.
- We reserve the right to monitor returns and to refuse Orders from customers with excessive returns levels. However, nothing in this Returns section is intended to affect any consumer rights that you may have under UAE law.